Tag Archives: Parks
We hope you enjoyed the Word Scramble in our March 2012 print edition! As we promised, here are the answers.
After several years of being closed two days a week, Broward County park officials recently announced that all parks will be open seven days a week, with no closures except on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Deerfield Island Park will continue to be open Saturdays and Sundays only. If you are looking for your local Broward County Park, here are a few in Pompano Beach and the surrounding area.
Regional Parks, Neighborhood Parks, Nature Centers, and Natural Areas:
• Crystal Lake Sand Pine Scrub, 3299 N.E. Third Ave., Pompano Beach; 954-357-8700
• Deerfield Island Park, 1720 Deerfield Island Park, Deerfield Beach; 954-357-5100 (open
Saturdays and Sundays only)
• Fern Forest Nature Center, 201 Lyons Road S., Coconut Creek; 954-357-5198
• Helene Klein Pineland Preserve, 4701 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Coconut Creek; 954-357-8700
• Highlands Scrub Natural Area, 4050 N. Dixie Hwy., Pompano Beach; 954-357-8700
• Hillsboro Pineland Natural Area, 5591 N.W. 74th Place, Coconut Creek; 954-357-8700
• Military Trail Natural Area, 4600 N.W. Ninth Ave./N. Military Trail, Deerfield Beach;
• Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Road, Deerfield Beach; 954-357-5100
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations in order to participate in County programs, services, and activities must contact the Special Populations Section at 954-357-8170 or TTY 954-537-2844 at least 10 business days prior to the scheduled meeting or event to request an accommodation.